Who we are...
Verra Mobility is a global leader in smart mobility. We develop technology-enabled solutions that help the world move safely and easily. We are fostering the development of safe cities, working with police departments and municipalities to install over 4,000 red-light, speed, and school bus stop arm safety cameras across North America. We are also creating smart roadways, serving the world's largest commercial fleets and rental car companies to manage tolling transactions and violations for over 8.5 million vehicles. And we are a leading provider of connected systems, processing nearly 165 million transactions each year across 50+ individual tolling authorities.
Verra Mobility Corporation is a rapidly-growing, entrepreneurial company that operates with a people-first philosophy and approach. The company lives by its core values—Do What’s Right, Lead with Grace, Win Together, and Own It—in everything it does for its customers and team members. The company seeks to grow aggressively, both organically and through acquisition, to continue to be the undisputed market leader with these five core competencies: bias for action, customer focus, teamwork, drive for results, and commitment to excellence.
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic Project Engineer who is highly motivated to improve road safety for the customer and to the public, to meet the Company goals, support the delivery of the Project Services team and develop your own career. The role requires a significant amount of hands-on field based installation and commissioning works, as well as office based work creating AutoCAD drawings, commissioning documents, remote commissioning and data analysis.
The ideal candidate will contribute to Company and the Operations Department’s effectiveness and efficiency through the following responsibilities:
- Working on roadways, from ladders, at height and MEWPs (Mobile Elevated Work Platforms).
- Installation and commissioning of bespoke Windows based systems.
- Site designs using AutoCAD
- Data analysis of system logs to review system performance and investigate faults.
- Prepare written specifications, technical reports, handover documentation and other project documentation as required.
- Identifying and recommending improvements to systems and processes to improve business efficiency and quality of final product prior to customer handover.
- Assist with electrical, mechanical, and civil design activities as required.
- Software, hardware, and systems testing.
- Attend all required corporate and safety training.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally for system installation and commissioning activities, sometimes at short notice.
- A degree or diploma in a technology field
- A current, valid and unrestricted driver’s licence
- Experience with IT system administration, networks, and trouble shooting.
- Prepared to work on legacy IT systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and initiative to create improved/optimised processes.
- Flexible, organised, and capable of working with minimal direction.
Aligned with Verra Mobility Values:
- Do What’s Right – We’re committed to doing the right thing for each other and for our customers – integrity is our DNA.
- Lead With Grace – We embrace the importance of our colleagues and customers and always treat them with kindness and grace.
- Own It – We foster a culture of accountability and excellence, where going the extra mile is standard practice.
- Win Together – We are ambitious and like to win, but we know we win more when we include others and work together.
As these roles support Government Contracts you will require a satisfactory Australian Criminal History Check.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Verra Mobility Values
An ideal candidate for this role naturally works in alignment with the Verra Mobility Core Values:
- Own It. We focus on high performance and drive toward breakthrough outcomes. Our employees ensure accountability, optimize and align work, focus on the customer, and cultivate innovation.
- Do What’s Right. We champion integrity and good character. Our team members model ethical behavior, demonstrate good judgment and are courageous.
- Lead with Grace. We express humility and compassion, and we are authentic and candid. Our employees demonstrate self-awareness, care for others, instill trust, and communicate effectively.
- Win Together. We believe in growing and inspiring people together. We seek people who collaborate, value differences, think and act globally, foster an engaging work environment, and recognize and develop others.
With your explicit consent which you provided as part of the application process, we will retain candidate personal data solely for the business purpose for which it was collected. In no event will we retain such data more than two (2) years following the closure of the recruitment process relating to the role for which you applied or in the event other related job opportunities arise within the company. Verra Mobility Applicant Privacy Notice
Verra Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Video URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8k_U8RuPsM
- Video Title: Verra Mobility Solutions for Government
- videoType: Government Solutions Video
Think you may be a good fit for one of our teams, but not yet ready to apply, or waiting for the right job to open up? Join our Talent Community and get news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.