Who we are...
Verra Mobility is a global leader in smart mobility. We develop technology-enabled solutions that help the world move safely and easily. We are fostering the development of safe cities, working with police departments and municipalities to install over 4,000 red-light, speed, and school bus stop arm safety cameras across North America. We are also creating smart roadways, serving the world's largest commercial fleets and rental car companies to manage tolling transactions and violations for over 8.5 million vehicles. And we are a leading provider of connected systems, processing nearly 165 million transactions each year across 50+ individual tolling authorities.
Verra Mobility Corporation is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial company that operates with a people-first philosophy and approach. The company lives by its core values—Do What’s Right, Lead with Grace, Win Together, and Own It—in everything it does for its customers and team members. The company seeks to grow aggressively, both organically and through acquisition, to continue to be the undisputed market leader with these five core competencies: bias for action, customer focus, teamwork, drive for results, and commitment to excellence.
Verra Mobility is seeking a Database Architect to contribute to the development and quality of our future and existing technology products. Your central responsibility as the Database Architect will be to develop, optimize, and oversee our company’s conceptual and logical database systems. Your duties may include preparing architect reports, monitoring the system, and supervising system migrations.
To succeed in this role, you should know how to examine new database system requirements and implement migration models. The ideal candidate will also have proven experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee company functionality.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- Understand full life cycle development including data modeling, database architecture and development, unit testing and product support.
- Evaluate existing database structures and recommend improvements.
- Convert user stories into requirements for DBE and DBA’s.
- Develop detailed technical analysis and design specifications based on functional requirements.
- Collaborate with multiple development, design, and analyst teams to solve problems.
- Contribute to the implementation of improvements across organization product base.
- High energy, confident, ambitious, and self-motivated individual.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or relevant work experience.
- 10+ years of database development experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have experience architecting rational databases from the ground up such as, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, etc.
- Expert knowledge in database structure systems and data mining.
- Written data driven reports with tools such as but not limited to Power BI.
- Worked with other Architects in best practices to store and transfer data.
- Built Data Warehouse or Data Lakes is a nice to have.
- Touched on cloud native technologies such as Azure SQL and/or RDS and knowledge of best practices is a plus.
- Experience with legacy software migration and enterprise level software development tools.
- Understanding of software development processes and methodologies including, Agile, Scrum, Test Driven Development, and Continuous Integration.
- Outstanding problem solver with excellent organizational and analytical skills that has the ability to lead overall product vision and feature definitions.
- Outside the box thinker with big picture problem-solving skills, strong work ethic, self-driven, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Verra Mobility Values
An ideal candidate for this role naturally works in alignment with the Verra Mobility Core Values:
- Own It. We focus on high performance and drive toward breakthrough outcomes. Our employees ensure accountability, optimize and align work, focus on the customer, and cultivate innovation.
- Do What’s Right. We champion integrity and good character. Our team members model ethical behavior, demonstrate good judgment and are courageous.
- Lead with Grace. We express humility and compassion, and we are authentic and candid. Our employees demonstrate self-awareness, care for others, instill trust, and communicate effectively.
- Win Together. We believe in growing and inspiring people together. We seek people who collaborate, value differences, think and act globally, foster an engaging work environment, and recognize and develop others.
With your explicit consent which you provided as part of the application process, we will retain candidate personal data solely for the business purpose for which it was collected. In no event will we retain such data more than two (2) years following the closure of the recruitment process relating to the role for which you applied or in the event other related job opportunities arise within the company. Verra Mobility Applicant Privacy Notice
Verra Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Video URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8k_U8RuPsM
- Video Title: Verra Mobility Solutions for Government
- videoType: Government Solutions Video
Think you may be a good fit for one of our teams, but not yet ready to apply, or waiting for the right job to open up? Join our Talent Community and get news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.