Who we are...
Verra Mobility is a global leader in smart mobility. We develop technology-enabled solutions that help the world move safely and easily. We are fostering the development of safe cities, working with police departments and municipalities to install over 4,000 red-light, speed, and school bus stop arm safety cameras across North America. We are also creating smart roadways, serving the world's largest commercial fleets and rental car companies to manage tolling transactions and violations for over 8.5 million vehicles. And we are a leading provider of connected systems, processing nearly 165 million transactions each year across 50+ individual tolling authorities.
Verra Mobility Corporation is a rapidly-growing, entrepreneurial company that operates with a people-first philosophy and approach. The company lives by its core values—Do What’s Right, Lead with Grace, Win Together, and Own It—in everything it does for its customers and team members. The company seeks to grow aggressively, both organically and through acquisition, to continue to be the undisputed market leader with these five core competencies: bias for action, customer focus, teamwork, drive for results, and commitment to excellence.
Verra Mobility is looking for a highly driven tax manager to oversee our federal and state tax compliance process and to assist with the quarterly and annual tax provision process. The tax manager’s responsibilities include recording and reconciling tax account balances, managing estimated tax payments and cash tax forecast, developing and implementing solutions for potential tax issues, keeping abreast of new developments in tax legislation, and assisting with various projects including process improvements and acquisition integration.
- Manage overall tax compliance and tax provision process
- Supervising members of the tax team to ensure that federal, state and local tax returns are prepared, reviewed and filed in a timely manner
- Manage the preparation and review of quarterly estimated federal and state tax payments and extensions
- Manage the preparation and review of the quarterly and annual income tax provision under ASC 740, including the reconciliation of tax accounts and preparation of tax disclosures
- Assist with information requests for foreign income tax, VAT and statutory financial reporting and compliance for foreign entities
- Manage and coordinate income tax audits including preparation of responses and schedules in response to various information requests
- Complete tax projects including transfer pricing analysis, TRA calculation and business credits and other tasks as necessary
- Monitor developments in tax legislation and tax accounting rules
- Coordinate accounting staff and assess their performance
- Drive process improvement by developing or implementing best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, taxation, finance, business or related field.
- Proven experience as a tax manager, public accountant or similar role. Years of experience- 5+?
- 2+ years of review experience with consolidated US and state tax return compliance.
- Strong experience preparing or reviewing income tax provisions under ASC 740.
- Experience with implementing and using leading income tax provision and tax compliance software.
- Extensive knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance, US GAAP and SEC reporting, and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to summarize detailed data and interact effectively with stakeholders
- Sound problem-solving and analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license and/or Masters’ Degree in Taxation is preferred
Verra Mobility Values
An ideal candidate for this role naturally works in alignment with the Verra Mobility Core Values:
- Own It. We focus on high performance and drive toward breakthrough outcomes. Our employees ensure accountability, optimize and align work, focus on the customer, and cultivate innovation.
- Do What’s Right. We champion integrity and good character. Our team members model ethical behavior, demonstrate good judgment and are courageous.
- Lead with Grace. We express humility and compassion, and we are authentic and candid. Our employees demonstrate self-awareness, care for others, instill trust, and communicate effectively.
- Win Together. We believe in growing and inspiring people together. We seek people who collaborate, value differences, think and act globally, foster an engaging work environment, and recognize and develop others.
With your explicit consent which you provided as part of the application process, we will retain candidate personal data solely for the business purpose for which it was collected. In no event will we retain such data more than two (2) years following the closure of the recruitment process relating to the role for which you applied or in the event other related job opportunities arise within the company. Verra Mobility Applicant Privacy Notice
Verra Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Video URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJGj4tHELVE
- Video Title: Verra Mobility - Safe. Smart. Connected
- videoType: default
Think you may be a good fit for one of our teams, but not yet ready to apply, or waiting for the right job to open up? Join our Talent Community and get news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.