Supervisor, Field Services
Who we are...
Verra Mobility is a global leader in smart mobility. We develop technology-enabled solutions that help the world move safely and easily. We are fostering the development of safe cities, working with police departments and municipalities to install over 4,000 red-light, speed, and school bus stop arm safety cameras across North America. We are also creating smart roadways, serving the world's largest commercial fleets and rental car companies to manage tolling transactions and violations for over 8.5 million vehicles. And we are a leading provider of connected systems, processing nearly 165 million transactions each year across 50+ individual tolling authorities.
Verra Mobility Corporation is a rapidly-growing, entrepreneurial company that operates with a people-first philosophy and approach. The company lives by its core values—Do What’s Right, Lead with Grace, Win Together, and Own It—in everything it does for its customers and team members. The company seeks to grow aggressively, both organically and through acquisition, to continue to be the undisputed market leader with these five core competencies: bias for action, customer focus, teamwork, drive for results, and commitment to excellence.
Verra Mobility’s is currently hiring an Operations, Supervisor in our Government Solutions Organization. This leader is someone who exercises good judgment and makes sound business decisions. A successful candidate will have a strong leadership foundation and be a self-starter who independently and successfully manages inventory levels along with ever-changing customer business requirements. The candidate must place great emphasis on high quality work paired with efficient production while also, and especially, placing an even heavier emphasis on sustainable employee engagement. It is also essential that this leader has a true customer-centric mindset. The candidate should be able to develop and maintain training materials that they will use to train incoming employees.
The Supervisor, Field Services will oversee the work of employees who repair and maintain Automated Photo Enforcement Systems. This team must install the equipment then maintain the standards of 95% operation time and 85% issuance rate.
- Direct management of a team of approximately 8 -12 technicians, including hiring, performance appraisal activities and disciplinary actions as required.
- Manage technical team to ensure proactive routine deadlines are met while keeping active equipment above contractual requirements.
- Driving time, 50% of time in various states within their region.
- Work with National Maintenance Operations Center to assure dispatch efficiencies.
- Run daily checks of enforcement systems to confirm operations and schedule technicians as equipment dictates.
- Assist construction manager with contractor and city engineers to ensure proper installation and maintenance of enforcement systems.
- Troubleshoot electrical and electronic systems as well as computer hardware/software issues.
- Maintain preventative maintenance program, adapt procedures to match equipment demands as technology evolves.
- Provide regular status reports detailing performance of equipment inclusive of operation time and issuance rate.
- Manage to appropriate expense, headcount, hours, and overtime budgets.
- Track inventory: provide a monthly report detailing the status of on hand levels and movement of parts used.
- Constant evaluation of technical staff, provide training as required.
- Tracking of hours, approval of travel and expenses.
- Any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned.
- An Associates or Bachelors Degree is preferred in a technical field (engineering or computer science) and a minimum of 4 years experience in a supervisor/lead role.
- Experience in a field assignment preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership/supervision skills and motivation techniques.
- Skilled at reading schematics.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be willing to work outside.
- Ability to travel on short notice.
A Field Service Supervisor will have some exposure to outside weather conditions such as wet and/or humid environments, extreme cold and/or heat, dusty and noisy work environments. Noise levels will typically be moderate to moderately loud. You may also be exposed to high, precarious places in Work at heights in excess of 10ft. Regularly work near moving traffic and occasional night work with reduced visibility. Some weekend and overtime work may be required; overnight travel may be required with this position. Field Service Supervisor frequently work alone. Field Service Supervisor will be asked to visit field locations, construction sites for service needs, hands on training of employees and spot checking the field technicians under his control.
- Up to 50% travel, working outdoors or driving.
- Periodic on call work outside normal business hours
- Periodic overtime and/or night work
These physical demands are representative of what a Field Service Supervisor may encounter in the field and are similar to that of a field technician only less frequent. You will be involved primarily with field work on outside construction/service sites involving long-term standing and perhaps repetitive motions. You must have the ability to stand or sit for long periods of time and to perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
A Field Service Supervisor must have the ability to use your hands to handle, finger or feel; reach, climb or balance; crouch, stoop, crawl, kneel and sit. Frequent ladder use is required with the ability to climb, descend, balance and work safely at heights on ladders and aerial lifts for long periods at time.
A Field Service Supervisor must have a good driving record and must have the ability to see including close, distance and peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to focus. Often technicians may be required to drive hundreds of miles per day. Field Technicians must not have any limitations that would reduce their ability to drive a vehicle safely to job sites.
Lifting - The employee will regularly lift and/or maneuver awkward equipment up to 75 pounds from vehicle and ground, regularly lift and handle awkward equipment up 25 pounds up and down a ladder and occasionally carry and handle equipment 45 pounds up and down a ladder.
Field employees may be asked to wear protective equipment while in the field which can include reflective gear, work boots, safety glasses, hard hats. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Verra Mobility Values
An ideal candidate for this role naturally works in alignment with the Verra Mobility Core Values:
- Own It. We focus on high performance and drive toward breakthrough outcomes. Our employees ensure accountability, optimize and align work, focus on the customer, and cultivate innovation.
- Do What’s Right. We champion integrity and good character. Our team members model ethical behavior, demonstrate good judgment and are courageous.
- Lead with Grace. We express humility and compassion, and we are authentic and candid. Our employees demonstrate self-awareness, care for others, instill trust, and communicate effectively.
- Win Together. We believe in growing and inspiring people together. We seek people who collaborate, value differences, think and act globally, foster an engaging work environment, and recognize and develop others.
With your explicit consent which you provided as part of the application process, we will retain candidate personal data solely for the business purpose for which it was collected. In no event will we retain such data more than two (2) years following the closure of the recruitment process relating to the role for which you applied or in the event other related job opportunities arise within the company. Verra Mobility Applicant Privacy Notice
Verra Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Video URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8k_U8RuPsM
- Video Title: Verra Mobility Solutions for Government
- videoType: Government Solutions Video
Think you may be a good fit for one of our teams, but not yet ready to apply, or waiting for the right job to open up? Join our Talent Community and get news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.